Friday, August 24, 2012

Avacado Spring Rolls

So this was probably the most delicious thing I've ever made... and it's super easy! If you ever find avacados on sale you should make these.

Spring roll ingredients:
4-5 avacados
some red onion
some sundried tomatoes
4-5 stem of cilantro
1-2 tsp. salt
spring roll pastries

Mash up the avacados and add the onion, tomatoes, cilantro and salt. Stir it all up. Then put some in the egg roll pastries and roll them up. You can fry them in a little bit of oil or bake them. I baked them so they weren't so greasy and I could do lots at once, but frying is always yummy. I just followed the directions for filling them and baking them that was on the spring roll pastry box thing.

Dipping sauce ingredients (similar to the Cafe Rio cilantro lime dressing):
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
2 whole green onions
2 jalepeno peppers (I left these out because I don't really like them)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mayonaise
salt
pepper

Blend together the lime juice, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, cilantro, green onions, and jalepenos until it's all mixed up really well. Then add the sour cream and mayo and blend it again. Add salt and pepper to taste.

This was seriously so good! I did it with 5 avacados and didn't fill the rolls supper full and it made about 16 I think. And we use this sauce for everything now. We put it on wraps and salads and with mexican food and any other time we can think to use it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so good!! I think we will try this out this week although we made grace try an avacado they other day and she started gagging and almost threw up so I might to have an alternate dinner for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, I forgot to tell you that we finally made these! So delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete